Sunday, November 13, 2011

OK VIDEO FLESH: Music video screening and Music Concert

Have you ever went to an interesting place or event, planned to post it on your blog then suddenly it ruined by a stupid thing like forgot to charge your camera? I JUST DID IT!

This is how the story goes.. Today ruangrupa was having a video screening and music concert which is still in conjunction of OK. VIDEO FLESH 2011. There were 25 inspiring music videos and great performers such as Whiteshoes and The Couples Company, Bangkutaman, The Upstairs, Hightime Rebellion and Sir Dandy.  A friend of mine, Thema was asked me for a help. She asked me to be LO (Liaison Officer) for the bands who performed today. I was really excited when I heard about this event and took the offer without any hesitate. Well to be frank, I was always excited with any projects held by ruangrupa and yes.. I was really proud been a part of their biggest event last year..

It was 2 pm when I leaved home, grabbed my Nicky (Nikon), planned to take some piccies in the middle of my duty and post it here. Then, I went to Cikini by train. Been a while.. Kinda miss the situation inside the women-only carriages. Didn't changed a lot. I could still enjoyed it as much as I did. The annoying kiddos, college girls gossiping their mates, Hijabers reading Quran, sleeping ladies and everything. It just took about 30 mins to reach Cikini train station. As I arrived at GBB, I was told that I'll be an LO for Hightime Rebellion and Sir Dandy. Wohooo! I've heard their songs but never watch 'em live. Today I finally watched them and even more, being their LO! Anyway, Hightime Rebellion members are really nice. Especially the female vocalist, Miena. She's sooo humble yet soo talented and not to mention the pretty face. I fell in love with her voice and her singing stance. I bet you will as well! Sir Dandy was really nice either. Oh, and surprisingly Ade Paloh the vocalist of my all time favorite band "Sore" was one of the band player. What could I ask more? Hahah. The gig was start at 6-ish. The venue was packed even before the gate opened. My boyfriend was coming either. The stage was well decorated. The crowds were great. Everything went well until I turned my Nicky on to take Hightime Rebellion photos when they were on stage. And as I mentioned before, the battery runs out ladies and gentleman! Fark! Tried to take some pictures with my mobile phone but all I got was blurry and crappy photos. Totally not a blog-material. Arghhh! I effing hate when everything went out of my plans! Huhuh. It was supposed to be a post with lottts of cool pictures instead of this boring post.. I hate posting without photos. Don't you?

Lesson learned: NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT CHECKING YOU CAMERA'S BATTERY! Unless you'll be in a big regret like I currently feel.


Anyway, I had a great day. It was always nice working with ruangrupa. Another project awaits. Can't wait to share it with you.. Goodnight! Xx


Loves,


Andaw

No comments: