Thursday, October 14, 2010

New job ; New experience(s)

When I've been stressed out by the fantastic numbers of my matrix bill, all of sudden, a friend of mine Rebecca Theodora offered me a job to help her at RuangRupa gallery as Media Staff. I was going like, "You've got to be kidding me. GIVE ME THE JOB!". Well, frankly it's not a real job. It's more like a volunteer. I still get paid but not in a huge number.

So, RuRu is going to celebrate it's 10th anniversary. The theme is "Expanding The Space and Public". There will be a lot of events in the term of November to January. One of the biggest events is Jakarta 32. It's an art exhibition consists of visual, videos, fashions, photos and lots more. I'm here as a Media staff who responsible for all kind of publication either to media or to public. And it ain't an easy job. But dealing with media(s) isn't a new thing for me since I was working at Lockermedia as Media and Promotion. The new thing is.. I'm working with some of my Idols. I could never imagine that I will work in a same room with Ale and Ricky from Whiteshoes and The Couples Company, Batman and Oomleo from Goodnight Electric and lots more. It such a new experience for me. A great one.

Yesterday was my first day. And I was going like "Err.. I"m an alien. I have no friends". The only persons that know me are just Oomleo and Rebecca. But then again, it always happens in every 'first day', ryte? Hopefully as time goes by I will adapt with this new environment. Wish me luck, folks!


Loves,

Andaw

No comments: