Friday, October 15, 2010

One fine random day :)

It was my first day at RuRu and suddenly my bestie Raben asked me to pick me up there and planned to spend quality time at my casa. Yes, he's such a sweetheart. Turns out Rebecca also wants to join us but has to finish some stuffs first. So, the plan changed. While waiting till Rebecca done her things, Me and Benyi were walking around the "GAUL" spots of teenagers at Tebet. Come to one distro to another. The risk of hanging out with my super gaul bestie is.. he meets his friends like everywhere *sigh. So, we end up at Tebet Junction or what so ever to meet up with Raben's friends and finally back to RuRu to pick Rebecca up. Turns out she has invitations to Media Gathering of Free Magazine and Hers Magazine. It was Free Magz's 9th anniversary and Hers Magz's 7th anniversary.

So here we are at Bibliotheque (typo?) Sampoerna Strategic for Free Magz and Hers Magz media gathering with a super crappy outfit. I have no idea that we're going to a big event that requires us to be dress up. I was wearing my loose yet 'lusuh' t-shirts, jeans and flats. What could be more crappy then this? *sigh. And seems like everyone there were dress up properly. It makes me feel completely uncomfy. Luckily, we met Mas Upay and Dhydha from OZ Radio Jakarta (I got my interns there) so I could feel way better. Oh well, seems like every media was there. It's another new experience for me.

Anyway, there was a 'tweet competition' at the time. So, the guests have to tweet mentioning @freemagz and @hers_magz anniversary as creative as they could be. And surprisingly the lucky man Raben won the competition and got lots of gifts and vouchers. They are Havaianas sandals, Pots Meets Pop denim jacket, Vouchers from Tribute, Penny and Snowbay. Arrrrgh.. Massive envy!


Raben with his gifts and the envy Dhydha


Since the gift from Pots Meets Pop was denim jacket for ladies, Raben asked me to wear it and said that it was look good on me. Then he gave me the jacket. Ahh.. told ya! He's such a sweetheart :)


Pots Meet Pops Denim Jacket from Benny

Another random thing is I finally get to know Karina Soegarda in person. She's my favorite announcer since I was in Junior Hi-school. I used to listen to her show "Chill Out" on Mtv Trax like every single day. She's Rebecca's bestfriend. And she's a really friendly one. Turns out we live in the same neighbourhood and she got no ride to get home. So, I offered her a ride and she said YES! "Whatt? Karina Soegarda my favorite announcer will ride in my car?". And after I drive her home (My Mom actually), I got an email notification from twitter said that "Karina Soegarda is now following you on twitter". Oh, What a night!

Dear Lord, thanks for today. It was one fine random day. I even could sleep with a big smile now :) :)


Loves,

Andaw

No comments: